- HOW DO I GET THE SPECIAL(S) TO APPLY TO MY ORDER?
- For the Pyramid Box Special add all 6 boxes to your cart. The discount will automatically apply to one of the boxes.
- For the special on the Tins, Hand Therapy and Collections add all 3 items to your cart. The discount will automatically apply to one of the items.
- HOW MANY CUPS OF TEA CAN BE MADE FROM A TIN OF ANY OF YOUR CHARLESTON TEA GARDEN TEAS?
- Our tins can make roughly 22-25 cups of tea, depending upon your preferred strength of taste.
WHAT IS FIRST FLUSH TEA?
- "First Flush" refers to the tea made with the first growth of our tea bushes in the springtime when they wake up from their winter dormancy. Usually this happens in April or May and creates a unique taste only available once a growing season!
WHAT TYPES OF TEA DO YOU MAKE?
- The popularity of black and green teas have kept us so busy with production that we have not had the opportunity to re-configure the Factory for the production of other types of tea.
WHY DON'T YOU MANUFACTURE ANY DECAFFEINATED TEAS?
The Charleston Tea Garden takes pride in producing a product as all natural as its Charleston Tea Garden Teas. There are absolutely no herbicides, pesticides or insecticides used to protect the growth of the tea plants. With that being said and taking into consideration that in order to decaffeinate any tea requires the use of chemicals, we have chosen not to produce a decaffeinated tea. However, studies have shown that heat releases caffeine, so there are ways to naturally reduce the amount of caffeine in your Tea...
TO MAKE REDUCED CAFFEINE ICED TEA-Pour cold water over your tea bags and let it sit overnight at room temperature. (Using cold water will significantly reduce the caffeine in your beverage.) In the morning, remove your tea bags, add a sweetener if desired and serve over ice.
TO MAKE REDUCED CAFFEINE HOT TEA-Bring your water to a rolling boil and pour it directly over your tea bag or loose leaf. Do not use much water because this first brew contains the most caffeine and should be discarded. Leave this to infuse for 45 - 60 seconds and then gently pour the tea out, leaving your tea bag or loose leaf in the cup. Now you are free to use the same tea bag or loose leaf to make your fresh cup of naturally decaffeinated Tea.
HOW MUCH CAFFEINE WOULD YOU SAY YOUR CHARLESTON TEA GARDEN TEAS HAVE IN IT?
A cup of any of our Charleston Tea Garden Teas usually contains half the amount of caffeine that an average cup of coffee does.
Caffeine Averages of Milligrams per 8 oz. Serving
Coffee 100-120 mg
Black Tea 30-60 mg
Green Tea 25-50 mg
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN THE AMOUNT OF CAFFEINE IN BLACK AND GREEN TEAS?
- Typically, black tea contains slightly more caffeine than green tea. Although, being a natural occurring part of the plant, the caffeine levels can vary based on climate and soil content.
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR PRODUCT BEING CERTIFIED SOUTH CAROLINA GROWN?
- The Certified South Carolina program is a new, exciting cooperative effort among producers, processors, wholesalers, retailers and the South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA) to brand and promote South Carolina products. The goal is for consumers to be able to easily identify, find and buy South Carolina grown products. Purchasing Charleston Tea Garden Teas not only supports the efforts of the Charleston Tea Garden, but also the State of South Carolina!
WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO MAKE A GALLON OF ICED TEA WITH YOUR TEAS?
- Place 9 Charleston Tea Garden Tea pyramid bags in a heat safe container
- Bring fresh, cold tap water to a rolling boil
- As soon as the water reaches a rolling boil, pour directly over the tea bags
- Steep the tea bags for 6 minutes
- Add water and ice to bring to a gallon.
- If you do decide to sweeten your tea, we suggest that you create a liquid solution with your sweetener prior to adding it to your brewed tea.
- Want to learn more about the Charleston Tea Garden?